Ron Evans' strategic advisory™
My best clients engage me as their trusted strategic advisor. In this role, I work with you to define the future outcomes you desire, and to make the best possible choices to get there. You (and potentially members of your staff) will have access to my counsel, coaching, and training to dramatically improve individual and organizational performance. This may take many forms. On Monday, you may want to discuss ways to increase customer loyalty; on Wednesday, we’re designing a pricing experiment; and on Thursday we’re ideating new revenue streams. We can focus on any areas you desire as our relationship includes unlimited access.
Organizational leaders approach me with a variety of professional and personal questions, such as:
- How do I quickly get up to speed in my new leadership role?
- How do I develop a professional development program that excites staff to participate?
- How do I facilitate a structured approach to major technology changes?
- How can I successfully motivate staff members to change their behavior?
- How can I best identify opportunities and risks as we chart our strategic direction?
- How can create emotional engagement with newer/younger/different audiences?
- What are best practices for identifying and increasing the ROI on marketing campaigns?
- I want to implement a customer loyalty program. What should I make sure to consider?
- How can I dramatically increase financial support and loyalty from my patrons?
- I’d like to design new programs and revenue streams. How should I approach the process?
- How can I encourage my staff to make decisions based on data, not hunches?
- How can I create a culture of exploration and experimentation in my organization?
- What strategies are effective to unplug from work, both for myself and for my staff?
- What are the best practices for encouraging and rewarding innovation?
- How do I increase my pricing, membership, or donation levels without angering customers?
- How can I increase the value we provide, without increasing the cost to provide?
My approach is one of sensitivity and empathy, strongly supported by science. We will establish clear objectives, choose the measurements for success, test assumptions during implementation, and fine-tune as we analyze results. On the way, unexpected challenges will surface, and I will be with you to provide my perspective to inform your decision-making process. Don’t want a solution and just want to think out loud? I love doing that too.
Besides benefiting from my academic background in human behavior and technology, you will tap into the best practices of my more than 100 current and past clients. I am selective about the people I work with. If we both agree that we are a good match, you’ll be in fine company:
Victoria & Albert Museum
London Philharmonic Orchestra
City of Palo Alto Public Art Program
Mount Baker Theatre
Foundation for Excellent in Mental Health Care
Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
Stanford Lively Arts
The Palo Alto Weekly newspaper
Los Angeles County Arts Commission
Tempesta di Mare/Philadelphia Baroque Orchestra
San Jose Downtown Foundation
Monterey Jazz Festival
Americans for the Arts
The Handel and Haydn Society
California Missions Foundation
Theatre Royal Stratford East
The American Pops Orchestra
The Western Stage
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
City Lights Theater Company
The Hult Center for the Performing Arts
Tech Museum of Innovation
San Jose Museum of Art
The Wave Magazine
The Palo Alto Art Center
Chinese Historical and Cultural Project
Painted Bride Art Center
History San Jose
Arden Theatre Company
Mexican Heritage Corporation
Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
Ballet San Jose
Bard on the Beach
Bay Choral Guild
Palo Alto Players
San Jose Jazz